The Africa practice group provides clients with expert research and analysis of the political, economic, social, and security forces that shape events in a region of fast-growing investment opportunities. Our analysts stay in close contact with on-the-ground sources and conduct frequent research trips throughout sub-Saharan Africa. They have extensive in-country experience, and wide-ranging local language skills.
In close collaboration with our Global Energy & Natural Resources and Comparative Analytics practice groups, our Africa analysts also assess the impact of increasing international competition for influence in this resource-rich region.
Coverage on sub-Saharan Africa includes:
- » the Democratic Republic of Congo;
- » Kenya;
- » Nigeria;
- » South Africa;
- » Sudan;
- » Zimbabwe;
- » the role of the US, China, and other major international actors in the region;
- » oil production in the Gulf of Guinea;
- » mineral extraction in resource-rich countries; and
- » agricultural issues across the continent.