Careers at Eurasia Group
Eurasia Group is the world's leading global political risk research and consulting firm. By examining political, economic, social, and security developments and their impact on the stability of countries, regions, and markets, we help our clients make informed business decisions in countries where understanding the political landscape is critical.
Our staff is made up of highly talented, diverse, and motivated people who are dedicated to the company's work. With offices in New York City, Washington, and London, the firm offers exceptional opportunities for individuals at all levels in their careers.
All positions are full-time opportunities and available immediately.
Eurasia Group hires interns on a temporary basis in support of specific projects and events. Detailed descriptions are posted to our website when opportunities are available.
POLITICAL RISK TRAINING PROGRAM
Eurasia Group is offering a unique opportunity to several recent undergraduates to gain hands-on training in the dynamic field of political risk analysis.
Each candidate chosen to be a Researcher in the Political Risk Training Program will work with one or more analysts in the regional or functional practice group at Eurasia Group that best matches his or her experience, interests, and language skills. The Researcher will provide research support, including basic primary and secondary source information-gathering for our analysts’ written products and client meetings, as well as general administrative assistance. The program will also include a formal training component, focusing on key issues in the preparation and presentation of political risk analysis.
This program provides full-time employment at Eurasia Group for one year, with the possibility of extending the contract up to two additional years. The program does not guarantee full-time employment with the firm thereafter. The program will be run in the firm’s New York and Washington offices. All candidates must have US work authorization.
Candidates must have the following skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- a bachelor’s degree in political science, regional studies, or economics
- deep knowledge, in-country experience and foreign language fluency of the related country or sub-region (if applicable)
- a strong interest in the interaction between politics and financial markets
- ability to exercise independent judgment when evaluating relevant data that will contribute to the firm’s analytical products
- comfort working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that requires critical thinking, solid writing skills, and concise argumentation
Eurasia Group is looking for researchers in the following roles with the following skill sets:
- China: Degree in political science, political economy, economics, or Asian studies. Knowledge of and exposure to financial sector regulatory issues in China preferred. Field experience in China and fluency in Mandarin required. Location: Washington or New York
- Europe: Degree in political economy, European studies or economics. Fluency in a major European language required. Location: New York
- Africa: Degree in political economy or political science; a focus on African politics/history and coursework in natural resources policy/energy policy a plus. Fluency in French preferred. Location: Washington or New York
- United States: Degree in political science with a focus on American government or US political economy. Knowledge of contemporary US policymaking including fiscal policy, political and/or US trade policy is required. Internship experience in a government agency or on Capitol Hill a plus. Location: Washington or New York
- Global Macro: Degree in political science or relevant field. Knowledge of US foreign policy, including the political and regulatory risks impacting the global commodities sector. Coursework and internships focused on global commodities markets a plus. Location: Washington or New York
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements above, please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample in a single document by choosing either New York or Washington above and following the instructions for the relevant position. You will be given the opportunity to note the position for which you are applying and indicate your location preference (if applicable) during the application process. Eurasia Group will not be offering relocation for this program.
The deadline for submissions is Monday, June 3, 2013. Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible. The review process will be on a rolling basis and we expect start dates will be in July and early August.
To apply for a position at Eurasia Group, please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary history/expectations (plain text, Microsoft Word, or PDF only) to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. You will receive notification via email to confirm receipt of your application. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position has been filled.
If both your background and skill set match the available position, you may be contacted for a preliminary phone interview. The phone interview is informational and a way for us to learn more about your background, as well as for you to learn more about Eurasia Group and the particular position. Phone interviews last approximately 20 to 30 minutes. Following the phone interview, a determination will be made about advancement to an in-person interview. Finalists are required to take a writing test.
Eurasia Group is an equal opportunity employer, offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or citizenship unless legally required, and provides equal employment opportunity to disabled veterans, and veterans of the Vietnam era.